"From Christmas Tree Farm to Living Room: The Journey of Your Christmas Tree"
As the holiday season approaches, families around the world eagerly anticipate the arrival of a beloved tradition—the Christmas tree. But have you ever wondered about the incredible journey that brings that fragrant, festive evergreen into your living room? In this blog post, we’ll take you behind the scenes to explore the fascinating voyage of your Christmas tree, from the moment it’s planted on a farm to the magical moment it takes center stage in your holiday celebrations.
- Cultivation and Care: The Birth of a Christmas Tree
- Christmas tree farmers in Ireland typically choose from a variety of evergreen tree species, such as Nordmann fir, Noble fir or Fraser fir based on their suitability for the local climate and market demand.
- Harvesting with Precision: Bringing Christmas Home
- All our trees are cut to order to give the freshest trees to our clients and limit waste. Once a tree is cut the tree is left for up to 3 days where it is fell to release gases. the longer it is left to release gases
- The Journey Begins: Transportation and Logistics
- Once your tree has been harvested and left for 48-72hrs on the ground where it was cut, the tree is pulled from the field to a nearby trailer and brought to the netting yard depot. Once the tree is netted it is placed into sorting pens for sizes. when it orders are being dispatched it is then loaded onto our delivery trucks and ready for delivery.
- Welcoming the Tree Home: Setting Up for the Holidays
- When the tree arrives at your house you will need to cut off the bottom inch of the truck in order for your tree to be able to drink water. Did you know that after 15 minuets from when the tree has been cut that the sap will seal the bottom of the cut so to best preserve the tree and hence not let any moisture in or out. Once cut bring inside and place in a water reservoir stand. Don’t worry Pines&Co take care of all this as part of the service.
- Decking the Halls: Decorating Your Tree with Love
- Get inspired with creative decorating ideas to make your Christmas tree truly shine. Explore themes, colour palettes, and ornament arrangements that capture your family’s unique style and the spirit of the season.
- Preserving the Magic: Caring for Your Tree
- To maintain the freshness and beauty of your tree throughout the holiday season it is very important that your tree water stand never runs out of water, and we recommend watering your tree every day. Make sure it is a safe distance from heat sources to best extend the life of your tree.
- After the Holidays: Sustainable Disposal and Recycling
- Saying goodbye to your Christmas tree once the holiday festivities are over is always difficult. Pines & Co offer a collection and recycle service as standard for all our clients. All our trees are chipped and on the farm and reused for livestock bedding or in the garden beds. Discover the benefits of recycling, mulching, or repurposing your tree to reduce its environmental impact.
Conclusion: The journey of a Christmas tree is a remarkable tale of dedication, craftsmanship, and tradition. As you gather around your beautifully adorned tree with loved ones, take a moment to appreciate the extraordinary voyage that brings this cherished symbol of the season into your home. From Christmas Tree farm to living room, the story of your Christmas tree is a heartwarming reminder of the joy, magic, and togetherness that define the holiday spirit.